Our COVID-19 Safety Plan
Effective Date: 04/28/2020
The safety of our staff and patients is our highest priority; it always has been. We have implemented numerous safety measures at the direction of the CDC, AOA, NDOA and the ND Health Department. Please review the following steps we are taking/have taken. Feel free to reach out if you have additional concerns or if we have overlooked any safety measure you feel is necessary to receive care at our office.
We will carefully & slowly resume routine care with the following recommendations:
• Due to social distancing many scheduled exams will need to be rescheduled. We apologize for the tremendous inconvenience!
• Please CALL or TEXT to schedule eyewear pickup and adjustments/repairs. Our door will remain closed to allow for crowd control and proper screening prior to entry!
• CALL or TEXT us if you need anything but aren’t ready to venture out! Telehealth visits are still available as is direct shipping on everything!
• CURBSIDE product pickup still available (and recommended!)
• You must wear a mask (unless medical condition prevents) to enter our office. You can wear your own or purchase a mask from us for a $5 donation to charity.
• If you have an upcoming appointment, we will CALL or TEXT to confirm appointment details.
• THANK YOU for your patience & understanding!
We will be prioritizing care for the following patients:
• No recent travel outside of North Dakota, no known symptoms of or exposure to COVID-19
• Insurance information verified & paperwork submitted in advance
• Urgent/current eye care need
• Losing insurance benefits
• Willing to have non-contact forehead temperature taken upon arrival
• Willing to wear a mask/face covering during visit (bring your own or a mask can be purchased at our office for a $5 donation to charity)
• Willing to come without guests (except when required to provide care or a guardian for minors)
We have taken the following physical precautions in our office:
• Limit number of patients and staff in the office at one time
• Patients entering the office must wear a face covering
• Surgical masks and gloves are available for patient and staff use
• Suspend all walk-in optical services. All eyewear repairs/adjustments will be scheduled to allow for social distancing, disinfection in between patient encounters, safe donning of PPE for staff
• All staff interacting with patients must wear a surgical mask (at a minimum) or N95 mask depending on the level of interaction provided
• Patients will be verbally screened for illness and exposure prior to entering the facility
• Staff will be screened for illness and exposure prior to entering the facility daily
• Patients temperature will be taken prior to initiating care
• Staff temperatures will be taken and recorded twice daily
• Patients or staff with temperatures above 99.9 will not be permitted in the facility
• Disinfecting procedures before and after every patient encounter further enhanced using CDC recommended cleaning agents
• Uniform scrubs will be worn by all staff with routine laundering required
• Remove furniture in public spaces to allow for adequate social distancing
• Optical counters/desks spaced more than 6 feet apart
• Install permanent germ shields at reception counters
• Utilize temporary germ shields at optical counters
• Instill temporary barriers on pre-testing and specialty equipment to allow staff and patient interaction more safely.
• Utilize UV-C disinfection for all frames that are handled prior to re-displaying them
• Utilize hot water and soap to clean all patient frames prior to handling
• Online and text to pay options implemented to allow bill pay from home
• Enhance already rigorous daily office sanitation procedures
• Implement text and email technology that is HIPAA compliant to eliminate office paperwork completed by the patient
• Implement telehealth technology to provide care via telephone and video when medically appropriate
• Suspend online scheduling to allow for more control, screening and spacing of patient appointments
• Staff will follow CDC return to work guidelines if signs/symptoms of any illness are present
• Staff will be provided additional paid time off to allow self-isolation/quarantine/resolution of illness as required per CDC guidelines